Three variants of the classic 15 puzzle can be played:
- Slide the tiles in a random sequence to a selected goal sequence.
- Select a magic square sequence as a goal, i.e., whose rows, columns and diagonals sum to 34. The empty position contains a phantom 16 tile.
- Take on a challenge puzzle and from a start sequence, reach the goal sequence in a minimum number of tile moves.
- Tile numbers can be changed to Arabic, Eastern-Arabic, Perso-Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, Indian, Japanese, Korean or Thai numerals.
- Tiles in the goal position are outlined in red.
- The start tile sequence can be shuffled before play starts.
- The color of the even tiles, odd tiles, case and numbers can be changed to any color using a color wheel.
- Challenge solutions can be played forward and backward.
- Tiles moved to achieve the goal are counted and can be timed.
- The Best Overall Score for 15 and 34 puzzles is kept and displayed.
- All Settings and scores are persisted between app launches.
- Detailed Help on app features within the app and on the support website verusapps.com.